Category 6 - PATHOLOGY SERVICES
Complexity Levels for Histopathology Items
Only one of these histopathology examination items (72813, 72816, 72817, 72818, 72823, 72824, 72825, 72826, 72827, 72828, 72830, 72836 and 72838) can be claimed in a patient episode.
The remaining items (72844, 72846, 72847, 72848, 72849, 72850, 72851, 72852, 72855, 72856 and 72857) are add-on items, covering enzyme histochemistry and immunohistochemistry, electron microscopy and frozen sections, which can be claimed in addition to the main item.
The list of complexity levels by type of specimen are contained at the back of this Section.
- Assist - Addition/Deletion of (Assist.)
- Amend - Amended Description
- Anaes - Anaesthetic Values Amended
- Emsn - EMSN Change
- Fee - Fee Amended
- Renum - Item Number Change (renumbered)
- New - New Item
- NewMin - New Item (previous Ministerial Determination)
- Qfe - QFE Change